Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
Companies and organizations in highly regulated sectors, such as pharmaceuticals, public administration, and financial services have recognized for some time that they require precision content-control solutions. These solutions rely on Enterprise Content Management (ECM) to provide verifiable compliance and to avoid possible fines that could severely impact profitability and time to market.
In these organizations it is imperative that content, such as standard operating procedures, material safety data sheets, and customer records, is carefully controlled in order to meet regulatory compliance or quality standards. These organizations, in common with many others, share the need to control and distribute critical documents in a systematic fashion. A modern Enterprise Content Management can manage:
- all of the unstructured information or content in the enterprise. This information exists in many digital forms, such as text documents, spreadsheets, still images, audio and video files, and many other file types and formats
- content from other enterprise applications such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and enterprise portals. It adds intelligence, creates categorization schema, metadata, and tags that make search and retrieval faster and more efficient
- the review, revision, and approval process for any piece of content according to user-defined business rules
- relationships between pieces of content, allowing one piece of content to have multiple identities, depending on how it is used in various contexts and renditions
- the publishing of content through multiple channels. For example, a single piece of content may be published simultaneously to a web site, broadcast as a fax, printed as a text document, and sent to a handheld wireless device
- user access rights based on the “need-to-know” principle with respect to data classification / protection, requirements and rights hierarchies can be transferred from data classes universally and in a way that they can be audited
- Implementation of enterprise-wide content and document management solutions including design of underlying hardware & software architecture
- Implementation of targeted solutions for automation of selected business processes e.g. contract management, invoice processing, management of internal guidelines, etc.
- Implementation of vertical solutions for specific industries e.g. utilities, banking, etc.
- Automation of capturing & imaging processes
- Integration with 3rd party applications e.g. Microsoft, SAP, etc.
- SAP Archiving
- Increase in productivity due to improved document availability, flow, and reusability
- Improved information protection and control (compliance with legal and regulatory requirements)
- Faster and more precise searching possibilities in the document repository
- Automated & streamlined business processes
- Prevention of document loss & reduction of errors
- Enforcement of corporate policies and standards
- Cost savings through reduced physical space for paper documents and other media types
- EMC Documentum
- Microsoft SharePoint
S&T Slovakia s.r.o.
Apollo Business Center
Mlynské nivy 43/A
821 09 Bratislava 2
Tel.: +421 2 58 273 111
Fax: +421 2 58 273 212e-mailHow to get to S&T